HOW TO CREATE A SIMPLE BLOG FOR NEWBIE!

With encouragement from my son-in-law, Yi Chen, this is my blog!

I thought what should I write on my first blog. The answer is simple – the process that I took to get to here.

Step 1: If you have a Google email address, you can click the Google Apps icon on the top right hand corner of the eMail web interface then click the Blogger icon to get started. I chose not to use my Gmail profile for this blog.
Step 2: Create your profile with blogger.com. You can choose theme, background etc. I am still learning all the options.
Step 3: This is the step that “blocked” me for a while before I get my own blog. My questions were:
           1) How do I create the contents? 2) How do I publish the contents to my blog?
Then I find Microsoft Live Writer then learned that it is now Open Live Writer. This program allows me to create the contents and publish the contents to my blog.

Note for Windows 10 users:
  • Click the Download icon at the home page to download the 5 MB OpenLiveWriterSetup.exe.
  • Launch it then enter your blog site info, your username and password of the blog then you are done.
  • You should see the  Open Live Writer under the “Recent Added Program” when you hit the Windows key.
Happy Blogging! My next blog is electronics related.

PS: Please bear with me, or give me a suggestion, I am still learning how to use OpenLiveWriter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIVE THE CHEAP LED GARDEN LIGHT

After I helped Daniel, a brother at church, to revive his garden light.  He said I should share this in my blog. This is my way of revivi...